Monday, July 14, 2008

Bookmark Previews

Bookmark Previews is a Firefox extension, which generates thumbnail previews for all your Firefox bookmarks and lets you browse through your bookmarks in Apple-ish Cover Flow interface.

Basically, this extension adds two views to your bookmark manager: Thumbnail view (Cover Flow style) and Album view. Whenever you add a bookmark or visit any of your bookmarked pages, it snaps a screenshot and preserves it. When you first install this extension, it’ll create thumbnails for your bookmarks in background.

I have around 280 bookmarks in my browser, and I found this extension to be harmful for my browser’s performance. I’m not totally sure, if this is due to the number of bookmarks I’m having, or due to some other reason. Nonetheless, it’s pretty cool, if not very useable.

No comments: