Friday, May 9, 2008

Bye to “Disc Burner” and “software not found” error in iTunes:

Earlier today, I was trying to backup my iTunes library to disc, but iTunes just wouldn’t let me do that. It said “….” Since this is my first try, I thought that iTunes required some software component for the burn function to work. I also knew that iTunes recognized my DVD Burner, since it was listed under Advanced > Burning tab in Preferences.

After troubleshooting for a while, I found out that Daemon Tools is the culprit. Daemon Tools is a software for inserting virtual CDs, mostly useful for playing games without it’s actually DVD. I tried uninstalling Daemon Tool, but that didn’t solve the problem.

I dug a little deeper and found an add-on called SPTD v1.50. It repairs Daemon Tools to fix the incompatibility issues with iTunes. It’s available for both 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems.

1 comment:

Ken said...

I had the same error today, in iTunes 7.7.1 on a MacBook. I found that my USB thumb drive was attached to my laptop, so I ejected it, unplugged it, and restarted iTunes, and the error no longer occurs.